September 10, 2013
TV Broadcast Operations and Engineering
Perform preventive and corrective technical maintenance of all Television Broadcast equipment. This position involves year round 24 hrs/7 days maintenance of master control, studio, control rooms, remote production, post production, ENG, and satellite distribution systems. The position is covered by IBEW union contract and reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Daily routines include thorough check up of all systems, and addressing concerns of end users.
- Troubleshooting technical and system issues in control rooms, studios, edit suites and master control automation systems, router systems, patch panels and non-linear editing equipment.
- Upgrading software, and maintaining networks.
- Repairing analog and digital VTR’s, display monitors and test equipment.
- Maintain and modify drawings using AutoCAD software wherever necessary or whenever a system is reconfigured.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Working knowledge of serial digital broadcast equipment, including video servers, switchers, routers, signal processing equipment, HDTV, satellite and ATSC terrestrial transmission systems, digital video servers, master control automation, compression and transcoding, audio/video routers, master control switchers, audio consoles, VTR’s, non-linear editing systems, shared media storage, intercoms, and satellite uplink/downlink systems.
- Knowledge of CAD drawing.
- Ability to document and read schematics and drawings.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, and database management software.
- Knowledge of hardware and software issues. Working knowledge of servers and networking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record and should be able to lift up to 50 lbs of equipment and carry for one city block with or without accommodation.
- Must be available for shift work including evenings, weekends and holidays. Emergency maintenance work may require callback and overtime.
- Self starter highly motivated and must work well under pressure without direct supervision.
- College degree in electronics, training in technical/military school or demonstrated experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- SBE Certification a plus, transmitter experience a plus.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in television engineering systems.