December 4, 2013
Serves as first-line on-air presence for Classical WETA 90.9 FM, acting as an engaging and knowledgeable companion for listeners who are passionate about classical music on non-commercial radio. Builds value and a strong relationship with the Classical WETA audience both on-air and in the community.
For consideration, please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.weta.org for the full job description and online application. Please include air-checks/demos or send non-returnable CD to:
Attn: Human Resources
3939 Campbell Avenue
Arlington VA 22206
WETA is EOE.
- Serve as on-air host for weekend live and/or pre-recorded radio shifts.
- Be available to fill in for weekday shifts as required.
- Provide brief commentary and continuity in the presentation of classical music playlist.
- Operate broadcast equipment during on-air shift.
- Participate in on-air fundraising campaigns.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated and extensive knowledge of classical music.
- Agility with foreign language pronunciation.
- Warmly communicative on-air presence with excellent diction.
- Availability to work evening, weekend, and/or irregular hours.
- Knowledge of on-air fundraising preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures, both independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, and database management software.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong work ethic.
- College degree in music, broadcasting or related field; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of on-air broadcast experience.