June 24, 2014
Production & Creative Services
Grant End Date:
June 24, 2014
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Production & Creative Services, participate in producing local programs, interstitials and special projects for WETA-TV.
- Assist in producing local programs and special projects focusing on activities and interests in the WETA-TV viewing area.
- Coordinate location and studio shoots with production staff and on-camera talent.
- Oversee production of “Around Town” segments, including topic selection, talent coordination, studio and location shoots, and edit sessions
- Write and edit teleprompter copy for local productions.
- Research, gather and organize footage and photos in support of local projects.
- Oversee edit sessions, voiceover sessions, and delivery of production materials.
- Maintain social media presence for local productions.
- Fill out production reports, payment requests, and associated paperwork.
- Coordinate timely flow of information and materials to other WETA departments.
- Help prepare and deliver materials to technical staff for local broadcast.
- Arrange for dubs and label tapes as needed.
- Oversee recruitment, selection, and work of department interns, as needed.
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of a variety of field and studio television production techniques.
- Knowledge of and ability to create content for social media sites and familiarity with non-linear video editing.
- Detail-oriented with ability to accurately handle a large volume of information.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, database management software.
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to work with a wide range of clients.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with archival materials and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- Minimum two years experience in television production and postproduction.