November 22, 2013
Serve as frontline customer service representative to WETA’s members, viewers and listeners. Assist donors and audience members with questions and concerns on WETA’s fundraising program and with information about WETA’s television and radio programs. Market the benefits of WETA membership to inbound callers where appropriate. On occasion, represent WETA at workplace giving and/or other fundraising or outreach events. Strike an overall balance in advocacy for WETA’s best interest with the needs and best interests of its constituents.
- Answer and respond to member/audience telephone lines; retrieve and answer voice mail; respond to email and written correspondence. Perform research and follow-up work to solve member/audience problems regarding contributions, delivery of WETA Magazine, thank you gifts, address and other data changes, tax record information and WETA’s entire range of television and radio programs.
- Update voice mail recordings and retrieve and return voice mail in a timely fashion.
- Record all member and audience interactions in Development database to assure accurate reflection and analysis of audience feedback.
- Where appropriate, market WETA membership benefits to inbound callers (new membership to individuals not currently supporting WETA and renewals/additional gifts from current donors).
- Assist with creation and maintenance of program information in database.
- Work with Fulfillment Manager and On-Air Fundraising to assure timely delivery of special gift requests or exception items; process.
- Check, complete and follow through on ticklers or flex-list items from Merkle desk manager and pledge call service for routine data clean up, special questions or premium delivery and other exception items where the donor does not contact Audience Services directly.
- Represent WETA at workplace giving campaign fairs and other Communications and outreach events as needed and directed by supervisor.
- May be called upon to assist with training of new staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outgoing, upbeat personality with strong desire to assist and educate the general public.
- Strong research, Internet and typing skills; experience with Microsoft applications (especially Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent listening skills and ability to demonstrate compassion, professionalism, enthusiasm and cheerfulness even with the most challenging callers.
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team; ability to juggle multiple tasks and solve unanticipated problems quickly and efficiently.
- Database/data entry experience helpful, though not essential.
- College degree with at least one year of customer service, or combination of college courses (especially liberal arts) with two-years’ front-line telephone, front desk, retail, restaurant or other customer service experience.