August 18, 2014
Grant End Date:
August 18, 2014
Coordinate and provide administrative support to various teams in Development department. Reports to Vice President, Development.
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for various processes, activities and events.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, book occasional travel and manage expense reports.
- Draft memoranda and correspondence.
- Maintain VP, Development’s files and departmental files including monthly finance statements, previous budgets, etc.
- Assist VP, Development with development of presentations.
- Assist Major Giving with acknowledgement letter mailings.
- Assist in development and tracking of departmental budget and ongoing financial analysis:
- Prepare templates with upcoming fiscal year information and distribute to department heads.
- Enter information from completed templates into Development Department spreadsheet ensuring accuracy before submitting for approval.
- Review and ensure accuracy of budget drafts.
- Track monthly expenses, reconcile monthly ledger reports.
- Conduct ad hoc financial analyses.
- Assist volunteer coordinator to manage volunteers and volunteer program in support of WETA.
- Solicit projects (such as affinity mailings, pledge bills and reminders, and new member packs) from Direct Response Fundraising, Major Giving, On-Air Fundraising and Development Operations.
- Contact volunteers by phone or email to recruit them for assignment(s).
- Assist in planning and executing volunteer recognition events and other special projects.
- Work FM and TV pledge drives and solicit food for pledge drives and other volunteer events.
- Collaborate with the volunteer coordinator and Development department to manage WETA donor events including managing RSVP list, and donor communication. Conduct ad hoc research projects such as fundraising approaches of other nonprofits; vendor solutions for a particular need; or experts in a given area.
- Assist Major Giving team, as needed, with prospect research into major giving prospects
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of general office procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with careful attention to detail needed.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, database management software. Experience in fundraising software a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to exhibit sound judgment and handle confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Availability and ability to work irregular work hours as needed.
- Interest in public broadcasting and the non-profit sector is a plus.
- Ability to lead and coordinate volunteers.
- Ability to provide event coordination and support
- Familiarity with fundraising operations.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of administrative office experience, preferably in a fundraising or a nonprofit environment.