August 14, 2014
Grant End Date:
August 14, 2014
Salary is structured on base pay and commission.
Secure corporate underwriting for WETA TV 26, WETA HD, WETA KIDS, WETA UK, WETA.org, WETA magazine and Classical WETA 90.9 FM programs and national TV projects including Washington Week and In Performance at the White House among others. Reports to the Executive Director, Local Corporate Marketing.
- Identify, plan, acquire, and cultivate new underwriters and corporate client base and financial support by:
- Packaging solicitations and closing corporate sponsorships.
- Collaborating with program marketing and research team and TV, FM, digital and print underwriting packages.
- Make frequent prospecting and sales calls with high percentage of closing business.
- Conduct informational meetings, write proposals and make targeted presentations to advertising and public relations agencies and local businesses.
- Coordinate sales and information activities with other Corporate Marketing and WETA team members.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of sales process, preferably in a media environment, and demonstrated results closing sales or equivalent.
- Knowledge and interest in classical music and public television.
- Thorough understanding of the digital marketplace and how to leverage multi-media campaigns.
- Highly organized with ability to quickly determine and act on priority objectives.
- Understanding of market non-profit landscape and ability to combine corporate and philanthropic elements to achieve client goals.
- Familiarity with audience metrics (i.e. Nielsen) and agency/media terminology and procedures.
- Excellent presentation, writing, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a self starter, accountable for own success, positive, focused and driven to produce results.
- Ability to travel locally (DC and designated market areas) and occasionally nationally.
- Ability to work evening and/or weekend work hours, as required.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, and SalesForce software.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be highly motivated to sell programs and projects.
- Minimum one year media or sales experience, preferably in public broadcasting, including experience in closing sales or equivalent.