August 12, 2014
NewsHour Productions, LLC
Build and implement online news applications, develop interactive interfaces, and contribute to data reporting. Reports to Director, Digital Design & Development.
- Develop news applications that allow users to explore the stories behind data.
- Partner with reporters to research, investigate and report on data-driven news stories.
- Explore emerging technologies and services and develop strategy for digital coverage of major news events.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to design and code online news applications and develop interactive interfaces.
- Excellent organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with careful attention to detail needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.Ability to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, and the Internet.
- Ability to work a variety of hours to accommodate 24/7 news coverage.
- Possess an enthusiasm for journalism and public broadcasting media.
- College degree in Journalism or Computer Science or equivalent experience developing applications for a news-driven environment.