December 10, 2014
Grant End Date:
July 22, 2014
Develop, implement, and execute WETA’s data strategy and analytics capabilities in support of fundraising goals. Set vision for future data needs in collaboration with key stakeholders. Manage Data Strategy & Management team, fundraising databases, and all aspects of serving WETA data needs related to fundraising, volunteers and other types of supporters. Partner with other teams in the Development Department to track and monitor the effectiveness of fundraising strategies at every point in the donor lifecycle, and assist in proactively identifying opportunities to improve performance. Work effectively at various levels from high-level strategy down to detailed database clean up and problem solving. Report to Vice President, Development and serve on Development Leadership Team.
- Set vision for future data needs in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Ensure donor and constituent management needs are met from a data perspective to maximize fundraising and other constituent-related activities.
- Understand, plan for, and address the data needs of WETA stakeholders including direct response fundraising, on air fundraising, major giving, outreach and audience services teams.
- Partner with WETA stakeholders to understand WETA’s donors and donor data; then partner with them to craft innovative solutions to maximize long-term net revenue.
- Build out and manage analytical solutions to support and optimize fundraising strategies.
- Assess departmental processes and procedures with an eye toward efficiency as well as best serving our strategic direction.
- Manage the development of user-friendly reporting and automated tracking tools to increase staff efficiency and meet fundraising goals.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and automated processes to ensure the efficient flow of data, smooth integration between and among systems, and the confidentiality and security of constituent information.
- Ensure good data hygiene and streamlined use of database tools.
- Manage completion of the database conversion process to ROI Solutions, laying the groundwork for future growth.
- Ensure completion and archiving of essential database and business practice documentation.
- Manage ROI Solutions and third-party data vendors.
- Prepare annual budget in coordination with VP, Development.
- Lead, manage and develop Data Strategy & Management staff.
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on teamwork, intellectual curiosity and results.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising database technology and ability to apply it for fundraising support.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage reporting and analytics.
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff, ensuring appropriate skill levels, expertise and performance.
- Experience in providing strong customer service to internal clients while balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to take the concepts and data needs of front line fundraisers and translate them into the necessary data requests, reports and analyses.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.Ability to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform duties in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work using Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience across multiple relationship databases is a plus as is knowledge of ROI Solutions and Convio (now Luminate Online).
- Strong experience in SQL is a big plus.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum ten years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising database management and/or fundraising marketing experience.
- Experience must include hiring, supervising and evaluation of employees.